Wednesday 4 December 2019

a quartet recording...


I feel very privileged to be involved in a quartet recording at the end of November with Daniel Spicer, Peter Marsh and Paul May.  Marsh and May were in Brighton for a concert at Safehouse of their group Fourth Page, and having arrived early in the day were able to convene with Daniel and myself at Campbell Road Studios.  Three separate performances were recorded featuring Daniel on cornet and piano, Peter on bass and electronics, Paul on drums and percussion and myself using the guitar body and electronic devices.  The results I feel are excellent, ranging from free jazz to pure improvisation and sonic experimentalism.  There's even a bit of a hoedown briefly!  Great fun!  I am now in the process of editing and mastering the recordings for potential release next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment