Friday 21 June 2019

Mercury Over Maps 10


photo taken from video footage by Bill Thompson

I had a great time at Hundred Years Gallery in Hoxton for Bill Thompson's Mercury Over Maps 10 event in June.  Thanks for the invite, Bill!  Graham MacKeachan runs a beautiful and very friendly gallery and cafe; this was my first visit, but it won't be my last.
Fantastic performances of improvisation from Bill and video-maker Gregory White, and a superb trio of  John Macedo, Brigitte Hart and Matt Atkins. I enjoyed performing with the guitar body and electronics set-up here; the gallery was nicely resonant; bright, which I think helps with the equipment I use. And the audience were very attentive and appreciative.
I had not been to Hoxton since being involved with film projects at The Lux when it was at Hoxton Square in the late 90s. My route from home in Sussex to East London was via leafy Forest Hill where I caught the Overground train; making me recall the concert Daniel Spicer and I participated in at V22's HQ there last summer, and the brief period I lived in the area many years ago...


photos by pkm

No comments:

Post a Comment